Friday, August 20, 2010

PUSH ME IN

Can he take me
for what I am?
Do I fit
into his master plan?
He seems so similar to me.
He also has dreams of being free,
of this life,
all this pain,
and strain,
and strife.
No need to lie
speak my mind.
While neither of us shy
so many words left unsaid
leaving all uncertain.
Should I give in?
Innocent wondering
my mind begins pondering
the wheres
the whens
and whys.
Why does this seem like only lies?
I could trust
simply give in
and just
let him lead.
Let him lead
me along
while I sing a happy song.
He'll flash a smile
and I'll follow.
Mile upon mile
only love never sorrow.
Suddenly no light,
only dark,
only night.
With wind that
shivers to the bone.
I'll hold on tighter
hope for home.
Once again that sweet grin,
pull me in a little tighter.
Safe and warm
I'll fear no harm
so I'll blindly follow,
my mind nearly hollow.
Clinging to him,
he'll be brave.
We stop upon a shallow grave.
I look to him
in his eyes
the answers lie.
Once again
that sweet grin,
all the while he'll push me in.


No comments:

Post a Comment